Cannibalism =D

If things and topics like this keep happening I gotta say I'm...not to inclined to stick around, even for DST.

Its also not confirmed, some person on reddit just said something.

Woah! Woah! Christ, ok then...I didn´t know things were that bad over here, it´s been a while since I posted anything. I just figured that because I was the first to make a post about this idea (back like two months ago, literally the day DST was announced) it would OK for me post this because I´m honestly excited for it. 

Woah! Woah! Christ, ok then...I didn´t know things were that bad over here, it´s been a while since I posted anything. I just figured that because I was the first to make a post about this idea (back like two months ago, literally the day DST was announced) it would OK for me post this because I´m honestly excited for it. 

No no not the forums themselves but the cannibalism topic, it makes me physically sick and I don't want to hang around if people are going to non-stop talk about it.

No no not the forums themselves but the cannibalism topic, it makes me physically sick and I don't want to hang around if people are going to non-stop talk about it.

Oh...Ok, so I suppose the Hannibal meme didn´t go well with you.

Sorry. Honestly, to me the idea of cannibalism is so improbable nowadays, I find it too ridiculous to be disturbed by. Also, it´s a video game, If what I did in video games actually had an effect on me, I would be

traumatized. 

But some people are more sensitive than others, I get that, so I respect you criticisms.  

Yeah cannibalism discussion has honestly weirded me out more than anything people on the forums have written about, and it's something people have talked about at such excessive length, knowing that it's very possibly going to be a feature in the game is making me feel less and less secure about going into random games. I'd like to hope there won't be droves of players throwing themselves on others just to experience the cannibalism mechanic, but in the back of my mind I'm kind of certain that's going to end up being the case, just because it exists it gives people a weird incentive to kill you for food.

Don't get me wrong I think it's neat and adds an interesting layer to survival, but it's certainly tipping the scales for crazy people to kill others now that there's the promise of food, even with the massive sanity drain. I think it works better as a desperation mechanic, but of course some people are going to try to make use of it as much as possible, and I really don't think I'd want to play with them if all they're going to view what can be a really complex, fulfilling friendly multiplayer experience as an opportunity to get more people meat.

Cos that's kinda gross.

I mean I know Hannibal Lector, Mads Mikkelson or Anthony Hopkins, makes it seem like such a charming affair but in its essence it's pretty gross.

Let's level with this, if you're going to eat people in Don't Starve Together, at the very least take a lesson from Hannibal, and eat only the rude. And at least ask a dude if he has any food to spare first before you decide to jump him. :p

Wall of Flesh Text has awoken! ...again!
*boss jingle whistles along*

Agree with everything, but I honestly think Klei will take further measures to discourage cannibalism. I mean, food is plentiful in Don't Starve, so even when the same enviroment has to feed three players, it should work out with a bit of elbow gease, by anyone. As you said: "ask for food before jumping them"

No, if it was implemented Webber wouldnt lose sanity if he ate a human. He's a spider! What do you expect!

I'd expect any character that eats a sanity-lowering food would lose sanity unless they had perks that specifically allowed them to not do so. Until Klei says "Long Pig" is a Monster Meat, he would otherwise. 

No, if it was implemented Webber wouldnt lose sanity if he ate a human. He's a spider! What do you expect!

Actually, he would. Webber isn´t a spider, he is a boy who was eaten by a spider and now lives inside the spider´s body. That´s why he always says "We" instead of "I"

So, yes eating human meat would also make him go crazy, the robot on the other hand, if anything, his sanity would go up (he hates humans). 

[...]the robot on the other hand, if anything, his sanity would go up (he hates humans). 

And he already kind practices cannibalism in the main game already, by eating the gears of fallen clockworks, even tho he says something along the lines "Oh no! What have I done to you!?" when examining gears.

And he already kind practices cannibalism in the main game already, by eating the gears of fallen clockworks, even tho he says something along the lines "Oh no! What have I done to you!?" when examining gears.

"What have I done to you?" Oh wait that actually looks good.... *Nom* 

Personally on this subject, I don't really mind the cannibalism. It's gross yes, but that's sort of the point.

Whether or not it's implemented doesn't strongly matter to me.

I'd like to see it honestly though, because cannibalism just makes sense. You are all surviving on an island together fighting for resources.

You don't have to eat the meat either, you know.

From what I've heard you get severe penalties for eating the meat. So, its almost like eating monster meat.

Honestly it feels like a thing that will be left up to the players to decide.

I really like that sort of because the cannibalism factor makes the gameplay a bit different. Some people can be right out antagonistic while others are team players. The long pig just seems to be a thing added for those who want to play more like they are desperately trying to survive on an island instead of camping with friends.

It'd depend on the players in this case imo.

Whatever happens though, I'm still pretty happy with how Klei is handling DST.

Archived